Only appearing in one generation and sibling cohort.
Brother Graeme -2 years younger
- Palmerston North Hospital New Zealand
- Same diagnosis and location as Steve.
- Cholangiocarcinoma is not heredity!
- Diagnosed 2012 – RIP 2014 (23 months) 52yrs.
- Surgical: Bile Duct resection only,
- Treatment: 3 months Chemotherapy
- CT Scans every 6 months, although last scan was 9 months!
- Oncologist was not a specialist in Cholangiocarcinoma.
- Graeme was unaware of the rareness and seriousness of this cancer
3 younger Sisters
- Youngest – Cervical Cancer No recurrence
- Middle – Chrohns – Severe but being managed
- Oldest – Breast Cancer – Aggressive – now post 10 years and doing well